How To Calculate how many boxes of flooring to purchase for your project:
1. Measure the longest overall Length of your room. Take into account any bump outs/set backs to insure you account for those areas.
2. Measure the longest overall Width of your room. Take into account any bump outs/set backs to insure you account for those areas.
3. Multiply the Length by the Width to get total square feet of your room.
4. Take the total square feet and multiply by 1.10 to account for cut lengths. This number will be the total square feet you should purchase for your project.
5. Our product is sold by the box, and each manufacturer has a different amount of footage per box. You will need to take the Square Feet per Box for the product you want to purchase and determine the correct number of boxes by taking the Total square feet from above and dividing by the square feet per box. This will give you the total box quantity. You will then round up to the next whole box.
EXAMPLE: 12 ft x 10 ft bedroom: multiply 12 x 10 = 120sqft – multiply 120 x 1.10 = 132sqft – If flooring is 30.186 sqft per box, then divide 132 / 30.186 = 4.373 boxes, you would round up to 5 boxes.